Ah, summertime. Tis the season of lemonade, weekend picnics, and lazy afternoons. For many, summer also signifies a departure from the routines of the rest of year, when the thirst for adventure takes hold and young and old, alike, pack their bags for a dip in the unknown. Whether “vacation” for you symbolizes reclining on a hammock by the sea, trekking over rocky cliffs, or pondering art in chic galleries, now is the time to give those fantasies center stage. Let these 10 quotes inspire your wanderlust this summer season, and go have some adventures before the sun gives way to autumn!
1. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “When we get out of the glass bottle of our ego and when we escape like the squirrels in the cage of our personality and get into the forest again, we shall shiver with cold and fright. But things will happen to us so that we don’t know ourselves. Cool, unlying life will rush in.” – D. H. Lawrence
3. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
4. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
5. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
6. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
7. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
8. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
9. “We travel, in essence, to become young fools again – to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” – Pico Iyer
10. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – St. Augustine
* * *
Try Wakaya Perfection’s new Ginger-Eze gel caps! Enjoy the healing effects of organic ginger as a daily health supplement to help enhance your life. Ginger helps ward off the effects of nausea, soothes common cold symptoms, reduces muscle inflammation and arthritic pain and more. Visit WakayaPerfection.
Use the promo code THRIVE and receive 15% off your next purchase!