We love super-green DIY beauty. Because we know with greater certainty than store-brought things that we’re not putting weird, unknown chemicals right into our skin pores. Because we’re not costing the environment with even more fancy, non-biodegradable packaging than we already are. Because it’s super-cheap and probably beats the expensive stuff. Because it’s so ridiculously easy it’s not even funny.
So here, we’re making DIY facials even easier for you–with one-ingredient, all-natural DIY facials with common supplies you can easily find right out of your refrigerator shelf or kitchen cabinet.
And as common-sense FYI–always drink lots of water and wear sunscreen moisturizer. If you want pretty and healthy skin, don’t skimp on the bare-bone basics.
1. Honey. Use a cloth damp with warm water and pat skin to open pores. Smear honey onto skin and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and pat skin dry with cloth damp with cold water to cloes pores.
2. Raw egg yolk. Spread on face and neck and leave on skin for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
3. Raw egg white. Beat egg white until frothy and spread on face. Wait until it dries and rinse off with warm water.
4. Grapes. Cut one grape in half and rub lightly all over face.
5. Banana. Mash one overripe banana and spread onto face. Rinse off after 15 to 30 minutes with warm water.
6. Plain yogurt. Apply on face after cleansing and leave on for 15 – 20 minutes.
7. Apple cider vinegar. Dilute apple cider vinegar with two parts water and apply over face with a cotton ball as a toner after washing face every day and eveyr night.
8. Olive oil. Dab on lips at bedtime if chapped or leave on face overnight.
9. Avocado. Mash avocado, leave on skin for ten minutes.
10. Baking soda. Use as exfoliant for face by adding to your regular cleanser.
11. Milk. Seriously? Yes, seriously. Swab on face with cotton ball, leave on until your skin feels tight. Rinse off with warm water. Your skin will feel super-soft afterwards.
Related beauty content on Intent: