Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~ Albert Einstein
Instead of obsessing about food, fat, your weight and your multiple failures to lose ‘it,’ imagine what your life could look like, the shape it might take, if you shifted your focus to bringing joy to your heart, giving fresh energy to your day, to feeding your soul.
Envision what will happen when your thoughts no longer pull you astray, but rather connect your mind, body,sp and spirit.
Each and every day find at least one way to feed your soul. Here are 25 ways to get you started. Feel free to add your ways to the list!
25 Ways to Feed Your Soul
1. Dream with your feet, bust a move, get your groove on, and … dance to the music!
2. Dissolve your inhibitions in a smokin’ hot bubble bath!
3. Become a fan of the funny. Go “Sky High” with cartoonist Tommy Rudmose.
4. Light a candle, and then light another, and notice … nothing is lost when one candle lights the next.
5. Be the fountain of gladness and make everything and everyone near to you freshen with smiles.
6. Look beneath the iceberg; investigate what lies below as only one-seventh of ‘you’ is above water.
7. Breathe into the moment for this very moment is the only one you have for sure.
8. Pray with the rocks, the pebbles, the sand, as they are still and silent.
9. Read, read, read, lest you yield yourself to ignorance.
10. Play feverishly! Experience the world and the universe as the playground that it sure is; one for exploration and discovery. Explore, discover, have fun!
11. Whip up a bowl of bliss. Combine one cup of the poetic with one cup of the mysterious. The perfect complement to any meal; filling, delicious goodness.
12. Connect the dots from the past straight into your future, one to the next, and behold … the big picture revealed.
13. Send the dark cloud on its way as it is but an illusion; a billow upon billow upon a billow.
14. Open your eyes to the sweetness of the day.
15. Make a mistake. It is, after all, one way of doing something and better than doing nothing.
16. Remove the stops – one at a time until there is no … stopping … you.
17. Love in general … round people, skinny people, tall people, short people, all people.
18. Look for the bright spot. It is right there, to your right. (No, your other right).
19. Sigh a deep sigh and start anew.
20. Arrange flowers in good cheer, with a smile on your face and listen for the earth to joyously laugh with you.
21. Sing with the birds after the storm.
22. Begin your day in delight; end it in wisdom.
23. Do not “think fun.” Feel your way straight into having fun.
24. Do not worry about your worries. Worry is neither preparation nor a magic pill that wards off bad happenings.
25. Smile at the messiness of life and then straighten your desk, toss the old magazines.
I hope that whets your appetite for ‘soul food!’
* * *
Originally published May 2012