1. “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” – Lilo & Stitch (Walt Disney Studios)
Disney has ways of making all of us cry, but one of the universal “Hold on, let me grab the tissue” moments was when Stitch reminded Lio what “ohana” means. No matter what our family looks like or whether they are blood related to us, family sticks together.
2. “I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching, they are your family” – Jim Butcher (source)
Family isn’t always about blood relations – it’s about being there for each other. Don’t get so caught up in logistics.
3. “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” (source)
Our loved ones may not always be around when we need them, but know that they stay with us even when they go.
4. “Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.” (source)
We may move on from our homes, but families help us keep our feet firmly planted on the ground.
5. “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox (source)
We can trust a man who got his start in Hollywood on a show called “Family Ties” to know a thing or two about family bonds. Plus Michael J. Fox is just an all-around good guy.