What’s your go-to remedy for sore muscles – Ice? Protein? Massage?
If you’ve ever experienced the plight of an achy body – whether you lift weights or spend hours gardening – then you know the necessity of having quick tricks to get some relief. What you might not know is that ginger is one of the most effective, and least tapped, remedies for sore muscles out there. How does it work?
As we exercise, microscopic tears occur in our muscles, and it is through the healing of these tears that our muscles build new protein strands and ultimately get stronger. But the harder the exercise, the bigger the tears, and the more sore our muscles feel after working out. Ginger happens to contain Gingerols, which are anti-inflammatory compounds that make the root great for sore muscles, as well as arthritis, nausea, and digestive disorders.
Here are 5 ways to use ginger in your post-workout routine:
1) Apply a ginger healing herbal wrap!
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder
1. Fill bowl with hot water.
2. Add Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder and stir well with your hands.
3. Soak towel in ginger-water for 10–15 minutes.
4. Remove and wring out until semi-moist.
5. Wrap towel around areas where muscles are sore to ease pain and reduce inflammation.
6. Leave on for 10 minutes.
2) Rub on some DIY topical ginger cream.
Mix ginger powder with camphor oil (or almond, argan, or vitamin E oil) and a few drops of water. Apply directly to the sore area.
3) Soak in an aromatic ginger bath.
Draw a hot bath and sprinkle at least 3 tbsp. of organic ginger powder in the water. Soak up and soothe those sore muscles!
4) Drink some refreshing ginger tea.
Stir several teaspoons of ginger powder into a mug of hot water and enjoy with lemon and honey. You can also prepare a large batch at once and store it in the refrigerator for a quick, thirst-quenching post-workout drink.
5) Incorporate ginger into your post-workout meal!
Whether you turn to yogurt, protein shakes, a big salad, or meat/fish/tofu, ginger can be added to all of your post-workout snacks. Sprinkle a spoonful of powdered ginger on your yogurt, salad, or whatever you’re craving and enjoy the subtle spice and muscle-loving properties it adds to your meal.
* * *
Summer is just around the corner, and now is the perfect time to stock up on Wakaya Perfection’s 100% organic ginger powder to use in your summer work-out routine! Visit WakayaPerfection.