If you watched the movie Brave and then saw the recent corporate rendering of the willful protagonist, Merida, you may have been taken aback. The film’s Merida was modeled after the 13-year-old daughter of director Brenda Chapman – she’s wild, sweet, and pretty but in an unglamorous, un-womanly way (as would be expected of a [...]
About Antonia BlumbergAntonia Blumberg is the Channel Coordinator of The Chopra Well. This new premium YouTube channel, run by Deepak, Mallika and Gotham Chopra and friends, features exciting, relevant content that helps viewers expand their awareness and build a community based around wellness and spirituality. As Channel Coordinator, Antonia writes blogs, markets and facilitates the channel's operation within the larger Chopra world. An avid reader, writer and spiritual seeker, she loves exploring new topics and research in the health and wellness fields. Before joining the Chopra Well team, Antonia worked as Program Assistant with The University of Southern California's Office of Religious Life, where she organized interfaith events, trips and service projects. Antonia is also a trained birth doula and is passionate about reproductive health.
After all the fuss and celebration surrounding New Year’s, how much has actually changed? What have those resolutions amounted to? Once the festivities die down, there’s little left to remind us of our resolve. And it seems the new year often masks a continuation of old habits and routines, despite how loudly we hail its [...]
This girl knows that her mind and her beauty and her soul are nothing short of holy, and should be treated as such.
Can you remember a bully from your school years? Did you ever confront him or her? I remember our elementary school bully. He teased me mercilessly for having a weird name and a tendency to blush. I slapped him in the face once and got sent to the principal’s office. So unfair, I thought. Stormy [...]
Saudi Arabia is in the planning stages for a new industrial city, exclusively for women. The plan aims to skirt the country’s strict gender segregation that keeps most Saudi women at home and out of the workplace.
Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho and one of the speculated screenwriters for “Fifty Shades”, recently tweeted that Matt Bomer is too “openly gay” to play the role of Christian Grey.
What do old conservative politicians fear most? Apparently, brightly colored, feminist punk rockers in tights.
The speed of Gabby’s ascent to gold is virtually unprecedented. And Gabby isn’t just a good gymnast; she is a phenomenal athlete.
Many of the reports from the 2012 London Olympics have highlighted illicit drug use, scandalous affairs, and the never-ending debate over “who’s the hottest Olympic athlete.” Let’s take a moment to focus our attention elsewhere, and celebrate five American teenagers’ exciting victory. The U.S. women’s gymnastics team will bring home the gold metal in the [...]
- The “F” Word: 5 Steps to Practice Forgiveness May 20, 2013
- “Fitch, Please”: Ellen Degeneres’ Hilarious Response Abercrombie’s Sizing Policy May 17, 2013
- Feeling Stuck? 4 Tips to Move On May 20, 2013
- “Too Religious” for School: Yoga Curriculum Sparks Lawsuit in Southern California May 20, 2013
- “30 Is Not the New 20″: 3 Things Every 20-Something Needs to Hear May 21, 2013
- Los Angeles: Be in a new OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) show w/ Rev. Ed Bacon, 6/6/13! May 21, 2013
- “My Last Days”: 17-Year-Old Zach Sobiech Dies of Cancer, But Not Before Becoming a Rock Star May 21, 2013
- Why Complaining May Be Keeping You From Living Life to the Fullest May 21, 2013
- 5 Ways to Help Your Kids Soar In Life May 21, 2013
- Are You More Drawn to Simplicity or to Abundance? May 21, 2013
Follow @intentdotcom on Twitter