Leah Felder, half of the musical duo Brandon and Leah, just released her album, California Christmas featuring unique, beach-inspired re-makes of holiday classics and an original title track. The tracks are infused with her honeyed vocals and the distinct sound of the ukulele, perfect balmy sweet sounds to light up the season. Inspired by my [...]
About Melanie KleinMelanie Klein is a writer, speaker, and professor of Sociology and Women’s Studies at Santa Monica College. She is the adviser of the Santa Monica College Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance, and founder and co-coordinator of Women, Action + Media! Los Angeles. Melanie attributes feminism and yoga as the two primary influences in her work, and is committed to consciousness-raising, promoting media literacy, healing distorted body images and cultivating healthy body relationships. Founder of the blog FeministFatale, her work may also be found at Adios Barbie, Elephant Journal, Ms. Magazine’s blog, WIMN’s Voices, and the forthcoming anthology, 21st Century Yoga: Culture, Politics and Practice.
It had taken me a lifetime to find yoga and over a year of active searching to find a teacher that fit my needs.
The last time I chatted with Brandon and Leah, the dynamic and down-to-earth musical duo from Malibu, we talked about their hugely popular first self-released single “Life Happens” and it’s feel-good, live-in-the-moment video that shows the two of them living their lives in and around the beaches and hills of Southern California. In part two [...]
Dynamic musical duo Brandon and Leah are not only insanely talented, they’re insightful, intelligent and socially conscious. That’s enough to turn me on any day! If you haven’t heard of them, let me be the first to introduce you and share their infectious music, as well as the depth of their love and light in [...]
Too often I see the body image conversation cast as very narrow – as though if you haven’t personally struggled with something like an eating disorder, it doesn’t have much to do with you.
We’ve been told that “pretty” is the magical elixir for everything that ails us… But “pretty” doesn’t necessarily signal a healthy body, mentally or physically.
- 5 Ways to Never Be Stressed Again June 13, 2013
- 6 Tips from Business to Make Your Romance Last Forever June 13, 2013
- Why Awareness Will Free Your Mind and Transform Your Heart June 14, 2013
- Free Yourself From the Cycle of Stress to Live More Fully Than Ever June 13, 2013
- 5 Tips for a Healthier Father’s Day BBQ (Recipe Included!) June 13, 2013
- Trade Gender Roles and Fall In Love Again June 17, 2013
- How Will You Make This Summer Your Own? June 17, 2013
- What Can Snowden Learn from the 3 NSA Whistle-Blowers Who Came Before Him? June 17, 2013
- Intuitive Guidance 101: Daring to Move Beyond Your Comfort Zone June 17, 2013
- Deepak and Sanjiv Chopra Discuss the Meaning of Brotherhood June 17, 2013
Follow @intentdotcom on Twitter