“Our inner guidance comes to us through our feelings and body wisdom first — not through intellectual understanding.” ~ Christiane Northrup
Because thoughts come from our head, and said thoughts tend to be loud (very loud), we are inclined to live there – in our heads, and believe our thoughts.
What happens when we live in our heads? We disconnect from our bodies. That’s what happens!
We lose touch with our bodies and the fact, yes the fact, is that our bodies know us better than our minds do.
Imagine that … just for a moment.
Your body knows you better than your mind knows you. Our thoughts are often skewed and out right wrong.
But our bodies? Our bodies don’t lie. What we need to do is shift our attention from our thoughts and move it to our bodies. Notice your breath. Are you breathing? Deeply or barely at all?
Scan your body. Are your muscles tense? Where are the knots? Where is the energy blocked? Your body feels good when she (or he) is happy. Your body is the source of your vitality, your intuition, your
enthusiasm; and it is the source of your motivation.
If you want to know how to stay motivated, then … Breathe deeply. Stretch. Release the tension. And ask your body, “Body, dear sweet body, that is under-appreciated for all that you do for me, what do you want?”
Listen to your body.
11 Powerful Quotes About Loving Your Body
1. Our own physical body possesses a wisdom, which we who inhabit the body lack. We give it orders, which make no sense. ~ Henry Miller
2. The word arse is as much god as the word face. It must be so, otherwise you cut off your god at the waist. ~ D.H. Lawrence
3. Man is an intelligence in servitude to his organs. ~ Aldous Huxley
4. The body never lies. ~ Martha Graham
5. Your heart knows not how to lie. It is great that it lays deep in your chest and not in your mouth. ~ Kak Sri
6. Emotion always has its roots in the unconscious and manifests itself in the body. ~ Irene Claremont de Castillejo
7. Our bodies are apt to be our autobiographies. ~ Frank Gillette Burges
8. Few of us have lost our minds, but most of us have long ago lost our bodies. ~ Ken Wilbur
9. I love the body. Flesh is so honest, and organs do not lie. ~ Terri Guillemets
10. Our inner guidance comes to us through our feelings and body wisdom first — not through intellectual understanding. ~ Christiane Northrup
11. If you do not take care of your body, do tell … where will your soul live? ~ Janice Taylor
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author
Self-Help / Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer!
A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?