Here’s another easy and healtful recipe that incorporates turmeric. You can brush up on the health benefits of the golden spice here.
Prep Tim: 5 minutes
Cooking TIme: 20 minuts
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
- Dash of black pepper
- Press tofu to remove excess water and crumble into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add tofu, tamari and turmeric.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, red pepper, paprika, umeboshi vinegar and black pepper.
- Cook for 5 more minutes or until mixture thoroughly heated.
Garnish with alfalfa sprouts or fresh parsley.
As always, let me know what you think and feel free to share any other tasty turmeric recipes…
Recipe provided by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.