Happy New Year! Here’s to a wonderful year filled with love, abundance and many more top 1% moments for all!
You’re ready to have a great 2013! Now what? How do you get there? What would a “great” year mean to you?
For those who are open to investing in themselves and doing the work, here’s an empowering and helpful exercise for all to get you started. Give yourself 15 minutes to write out the questions below. This is when you want to think big rather than settle. If you settle when you dream, you will settle in your life. Believe in yourself!
1. Define success? What will a successful year mean to you? Is it about connecting with people, inspiring people, making a certain amount of money, reading to your kids every night, changing jobs to do what you enjoy, or believing in yourself?
2. Write down three or more wins for 2012 that you felt good about accomplishing (ex: writing your first blog, taking a photography class and showing your work, launching a new product, completing a half-marathon, buying your first home)
3. Write down 3 core values (ex: respect, learning, honesty, adventure)
4. Write down three of your strengths (ex: positive outlook, determined, humor)
5. Write down three areas of your life/business that you would like to improve or focus on (ex, health, career, finances, relationships, fun/creativity, personal growth, marketing, business development)
6. Write down at least two goals/intentions in each area, be as specific as you can, when will you complete the goal, does it speak to your heart, why is it important?
7. Put a star next to the three goals that truly speak to your heart
8. Focus on one goal at a time and write down 3 small steps you can take today/this week to start the process rolling (perhaps it’s signing up for a class, calling someone to get more information, registering a domain name etc.)
9. Repeat the process for each area of your life/business with each goal
These are great exercises to get your creative juices flowing and open to new possibilities. Please feel free to share one of your goals/intentions in the comments section below.
Here’s to a great 2013,
And for those who want to dig in deeper with one to one coaching, email email@example.com. I will also be doing a free conference call on goals later this month, and I will be doing free 30-min Skype coaching sessions once a month just to help you all. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Image: Tom Wang/Shutterstock