Looking for participants for the new show “Help Desk” that will air on The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)!
If you are working through a difficult issue in your life – such as sexual identity, questioning faith, loss of a loved one, or financial hardship – you may be a perfect fit.
Participants will sit down with Reverend Ed Bacon, esteemed pastor and self-help expert recently featured Oprah Winfrey Network’s “Super Soul Sunday,” to discuss these concerns and receive inspiring advice, right in the heart of Venice Beach, California! Refer to the flier below for application information.
PLEASE APPLY TO: AdviceRevBacon@gmail.com
WHAT: Seeking participants for the new show “Help Desk” for The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
WHEN: Thursday June 6
WHO: Reverend Ed Bacon is a celebrated self-help expert recently featured on Oprah Winfrey Network’s “Super Soul Sunday”. He is the rector of All Saints Church in Pasadena, a congregation dedicated to urban ministry and interfaith dialogue.
WHERE: Recreation center in Venice Beach, CA
DESCRIPTION: Help Desk is a new television show on OWN that features renowned self-help experts making themselves available in public spaces to provide advice to anyone who needs it. Help Desk is a deeply substantive series that grounds some of the great wisdom provided by today’s top experts and helps people live better and more fulfilling lives. Although the event is public, we are looking to secure a select group of participants who will be given priority to gain a spot to sit down with Reverend Bacon.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: We need people who are seeking advice to help them with a specific life issue or circumstance.
Below are several examples but we are open to hearing about any particular issues you would like to discuss:
- Leaving or questioning faith
- Dealing with criticism
- The stress involved by “coming out” to family and friends
- Conflicting sexual and spiritual identities
- Loss of a family member or friend
- Divorce or breakup
- Coping with job loss
- Struggling with alienation, loneliness, or existential doubt
- Overcoming addiction
- Veterans suffering from PTSD
- Managing work life and spiritual life
- Combating stereotypes
- Overcoming specific anxieties or fears
- Parenting issues
- Financial hardship
- Sex and relationship issues
- We need applicants to be available during the day on June 6 at the beach recreation center in Venice Beach, California
- Simple description of yourself (age, profession, relationships status) contact information (email and phone number)
- Photo of yourself
- Single paragraph description of the specific life circumstance that you need spiritual advice to overcome.
- Specific question(s) you would like to ask Reverend Bacon
- If selected, applicants will need to sign an Appearance Release