PARTICIPATE IN AN “OWN” TELEVISION SERIES
IN PORTLAND WITH CHERYL STRAYED!
READ APPLICATION PROCESS BELOW AND APPLY ASAP TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT: The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), is seeking participants for the “Help Desk” series featuring renowned author and speaker Cheryl Strayed!
WHEN: Saturday, March 22, 2014 (specific time TBA)
WHERE: Portland, Oregon (specific location TBA).
WHO: Cheryl Strayed is the author of #1 New York Times bestseller WILD, the New York Times bestseller TINY BEAUTIFUL THINGS, and the novel TORCH. WILD was chosen by Oprah Winfrey as her first selection for Oprah’s Book Club 2.0. Jean-Marc Vallée is directing the film adaptation of WILD, starring Reese Witherspoon, with a screenplay by Nick Hornby (to be released fall 2014). Strayed’s writing has appeared in THE BEST AMERICAN ESSAYS, the New York Times Magazine, the Washington Post Magazine, Vogue, Salon, The Missouri Review, The Sun, Tin House, The Rumpus–where she wrote the popular “Dear Sugar” advice column–and elsewhere. Her books have been translated into more than thirty languages around the world.
Help Desk is a television show on OWN that features renowned teachers, authors, and experts making themselves available in public spaces to provide advice to anyone who needs it. Help Desk is a deeply substantive series that grounds some of the great wisdom provided by today’s top experts and helps people live better and more fulfilling lives. Although the event is public, we are looking to secure a select group of participants who will be given priority to gain a spot to sit down with Ms. Strayed.
What we are looking for:
We need people who are seeking advice to help them with a specific life issue or circumstance. Below are a few examples but we are open to hearing about any particular issues you would like to discuss:
-Dissatisfaction with career/feeling trapped
-Questioning faith or belief in higher power
-Difficulties with weight loss
-Overcoming specific anxieties or fears
-Divorce or breakup
-Coping with job-loss
-Issues revolving around sexual identity
-Sex and relationship issues
-Loss of a family member or friend
1. We need applicants to be available during the day on Saturday, March 22nd in the Portland area. Specific time and location TBA.
2. Provide a simple description of yourself (age, profession, relationships status) and contact information (email and phone number).
3. Photo of yourself.
4. Specific question(s) you would like to ask Cheryl Strayed.
5. Single paragraph description of the specific life circumstance that led to your question(s).
6. Please tell us how you heard about this opportunity (specific website, social media, word of mouth, etc.).
7. If selected, applicants will need to sign an Appearance Release.
Send email with answers to the above questions to: email@example.com