The language of love is said to have originated in Paris, France, though no one truly knows for sure. Couples have discovered, however, that Paris is the perfect location for spending time with that special someone. Those individuals deciding to rencontre in Paris are guaranteed to enjoy their surroundings. The only question that will need to be answered is if they liked the person they were with. If you should decide to date in Paris, consider these ten important rencontre rules so you can fully enjoy your time.
1. Avoid getting physical – Despite the romantic setting, mood, and magic that might accompany the both of you, save the goose bumps and tingles of physical passion for a magical moment in the future. Too much touching, kissing, and caressing on the first date can cause confusion and conflicted feelings.
2. Leave distractions at home – In this world of technology and multi-tasking, you can be your own worst enemy. Though you are capable of texting Susie, talking to Stanley, and updating your facebook status simultaneously, resist the urge to do so on your date! Give your full attention to the one person you are with, the sights of Paris, and the activity you are enjoying. After all, a major reason for rencontre is getting to know your date better. No distractions!
3. Don’t be too transparent – Dating allows for conversations to go beyond news, weather, and sports. One of the most important rules of dating, however, is to avoid getting overly transparent too quickly. The first date is not the time to share about your alcoholic father, poor credit rating, or your entire list of phobias. When an individual opens up too quickly, it can indicate a person’s inability to know healthy personal boundaries, and make the rest of your time together feel awkward.
4. Don’t mention ex-boyfriends or girlfriends – You would be surprised at the number of people that violate this top ten rule of dating. Talking about your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend while boating down the lovely Seine River will put a wet blanket on any hope for a second date. Make certain you keep in the present moment and enjoy the company of the one you are with. Leave your past relationships at home.
5. Be yourself – If you have to pretend or stretch your authenticity in order to impress your date or get them to like you, go directly to the 56th floor of the Eiffel tower, take a deep breath, and clear your senses! Be yourself and if the chemistry for a second date is not present, you have both saved yourself some time.
6. Do not seem desperate – Respect yourself enough to maintain your standards, values, and convictions. If you appear overeager or needy, you make it harder for your date to respect you. When a person is trying too hard to impress, it makes it awkward for everyone involved.
7. Don’t make a scene – For this dating rule, it does not matter whether you are in Paris, France or Perris, California. If you or your date cause an awkward scene while on your rencontre, there is an excellent chance there will not be a second date. Horselaughs, obnoxious words, argumentative behavior, or poor etiquette may capture the attention of those witnesses around you, but you will never capture someone’s heart. The first date usually puts individuals on their best behavior. If this is their best, then it might be frightening what they might do once they began to feel comfortable.
8. Enjoy the moment – Make certain that when you go on your date, you are focused and prepared to enjoy the moment with the one you are with. Whether you are touring the beautiful gardens of Jardins des Tuileries, or enjoying the nightlife of the Moulin Rouge, make it a point to be there in the moment. Clear the day’s activities from your mind, and do not allow tomorrow’s worries to creep in early. Invest yourself in the time you spend with your date tonight. You never know when you might be going out with ‘the one’. Do not be too distracted to miss your magic moment.
9. Have an alternative plan for your date – It is always good to have a back up plan. Perhaps you planned on taking your date up to the 56th level of the Eiffel Tower, but on your way there you find out they are deathly afraid of high places. Rather than awkward silence or a failed date, you have planned to take in the beautiful Notre Dame cathedral, instead. Having a ‘plan B’ is always very impressive and makes a great impression on your partner.
10. Don’t plan dates that are strictly romantic in nature – If you want your rencontre to be an opportunity to know your date better, avoid the one dimensional ‘dinner and a movie’ type of date. Why not head off to ‘The Basilica’ for a wonderful tour of this beautiful church, and then stick around for the evening street vendors, minstrels, and artists that fill the area in the evening. A tour of the Montmartre’s Basilica will enrich you culturally and as the evening takes over, both of you should have a lot of fun in the festive atmosphere that takes over in the evening.