This may sound counter-intuitive, but in order for your intentions to manifest, you must be willing to let go of form. By form I mean any physical restrictions or parameters in which you are encasing your visions and your dreams. Chances are, you don’t even realize you’re doing it, though often it’s radical letting go that kicks the flow of manifestation into high gear.
At the beginning of the year I set an intent to build a thriving online business to allow for maximum mobility in my life. However, I live in Los Angeles in a beautiful bungalow apartment that I also use for my work. I see clients here for private yoga and Thai yoga massage. I love this space as do my clients, but it’s expensive, and all of my resources go into maintaining my existence here.
Last week I had to face the harsh reality that due to circumstances beyond my control, it is no longer feasible to remain in this apartment. The moment of awareness hit me suddenly, and I knew in my heart that the answer was to let it go and begin working on my mobile life sooner than I anticipated. I could see that my attachment to my apartment was restricting me from taking risks and plowing forward, and the only thing that made sense was to release it, rather than racking my brain and going further into debt to keep it.
This was not an easy decision as the impact is great on me and on many of the people I serve. However, it opens up the opportunity to work with my clients in their homes, meet new clients that would prefer in-home services, and branch out to teach more classes and workshops throughout the city, thus spreading the wealth of what I offer.
As soon as I gave my notice, I felt a flood of relief and a surge of creative inspiration. Though it’s scary, I know it’s the right thing to do. Only a few days later, I was able to confirm an amazing offer from one of my clients to go to Hong Kong for a week and assist him with yoga therapy while he travels. Hello mobile life!
Here are some suggestions for allowing intuitive realizations to speak more loudly in your life:
- Open yourself to guidance through daily prayer and meditation.
- Practice surrendering your questions, fears, goals, and visions every day to the Universe through journal writing.
- For women, make time each week to do things that please you and activities that move your body, such as yoga and dance. Your feminine energy is awakened through pleasure and movement, keeping you connected to grace and inspiration.
- When answers come, don’t second-guess yourself. If it’s a big decision, talk it out with a trusted friend, someone that really understands you and can listen. Pray about it, surrender it, sleep on it, and do what you feel guided to do the next morning.
- Know that whatever form it is you’re attached to might be keeping you from something better that is just around the corner. Be willing to release your current reality in order to allow the Universe to fulfill your desires.
If you need guidance on meditation, connecting with your intuition, or any of the practices I outlined above, please consider joining me for Soul-Care Sessions. I’m here to listen and help you live a more authentic life.